Location: 604 Washington St, Columbus, TX 78934, United States
The Santa Claus Museum was opened in the year 1990. This museum is one-of-a-kind. There are only two Santa Claus museums in the country. This is the ONLY one in the South!
In the 20th century, the Santa Claus Museum was established in town, based on the collection of Mary Elizabeth Hopkins (d. 1990) and located in her former residence. Mary Elizabeth Youens Hopkins was born in the year 1913 and was given her first Santa Claus when she was 6 months old. She began collecting in the early 1970s.
After her death in January 1990, the Hopkins family donated the entire collection of more than 2,500 pieces to CHPT. It was Mrs. Hopkins’ collection that launched the Santa Claus Museum. It has become a noted tourist destination in the region.